Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Modern Day Saints . . . 1 down, 13 to go

            For the past few months I have been doing research on the role that female superheroes have in pop culture.  Right now we live in a time where the role of the average women is evolving and its being reflected in film and TV.  I want to funnel that into an installation involving 14 panels in a ritual setting. More on that to come later.
            Everyone knows I am a huge fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer but there are many more women like her that need to be acknowledged.  Instead of making a list (I love making lists) I think it would be fun-er to show you what and whom I am working on.  I will post images of the progress as I go along.  So far I have one panel done.  13 more to go:








1 comment:

  1. It looks so good Juan! Let's totally go get the rest of those bench keelers when I get back with my car :)I can't wait to see more of these finished!

    ReplyDelete