Monday, December 5, 2011

Art Basel 2011 and everything else ...

I returned to New York with a head (and iPhone) filled with images and opinions about ART BASEL, Art Miami, PULSE, and Nada.  Overall, I felt the only work that was memorable was Nick Cave's installation at Art Basel.  As for the rest of the fairs ... each one had it's issues but my favorite was PULSE.  Each booth seemed to have an incredible mix of young artist with a refreshing perspective.  While I was there I was able to reconnect with some gallerist and I ran into some curators from NY.  As you can see from the pics below, I had a great time ...

On my way to Miami. I was alone until a family with a crying baby sat next to me.  The damn kid cried the whole time and the parents did nothing!  I wanted to stab them for two hours and 34 minutes.

The amazing NICK CAVE. I saw these and almost died.

Detail pic from above.

Another Nick Cave.  Feels very 70's.

My love of superheroes made me take a pic.  It was literally being purchased as I took this pic.  Reminds me of the aging superhero installation that the Whitney had a few years back. Jason Yarmosky rocks!

Augusto Esquivel . . . just buttons and strings. AMAZING

TOM SACHS. Loved it.


Last day there was spent on the beach.  Some much needed beach time was required considering the cold weather I was about to re-enter when I got back to New York.

1 comment:

  1. NICE! I like those sequin figure things, pretty cool! Looks like fun and I envy you the sun, for sure...

    ReplyDelete